The Islamic Centre for the physically Handicapped is a non-profitable & a charitable organization which provides the following services:
- General School Education
- Special Education
- Vocational Skills Training
- Rehabilitation Programs
- Hostel Facilities
- Health & Medical Care
- Employment Opportunities
These facilities are provided at no cost to the
- Hearing Impaired
- Speech Impaired
- Sight Impaired
- Physically Disabled
- Mental Disabled Students
The training facilities are rendered by well qualified Professionals and Tutors.
The Centre was established in a rented house with a teachers & 05 students. However, gradually it has improved & presently it consists of separate school building complexes with separate hostel facilities for mentally & physically disabled boys & girls. In addition play grounds, prayer hall (Mosque), staff quarters & many other 2&3 Story building complexes with modern facilities are available in the own premises. The Centre has absorbed more than 250 pupils & 40 members of Academic & Administrative staff at present.
The Centre is registered in Sri Lanka as:
- A Voluntary Social Services Institute on 21.10.1986, under the Voluntary Social Services Organization Act. And is eligible for annual grants by the Social Services Department.
- A Government Approved Charity in the Ministry of Finance, by gazette no:513 of 01.07.1988.
- An Assisted School recognized by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education, by gazette no:648dated 01.02.1991.
- A National Council for Persons with Disabilities under the Ministry of Social Services. Reg.No:MMS/NSPD/R/20 of 2000.11.30
- A Nongovernmental Organization in the Secretariat for Nongovernmental Organization, bearing Regd. No: L41004 dated 2002.02.07
- A Voluntary Organization in the western Provincial Department of Social Services. Regd.No.WP/SSD/G/DH/2010/02 ON 2010.10.11